October 25, 2008

Journalism School Update

On Wednesday I decided to become a cultural journalist. On Thursday I met with my primary academic adviser and she gave me the journalism phone number. After some bureaucratic nonsense I set up an appointment and recieved some paperwork. On Friday I turned in the paperwork and met my journalism adviser.

So now I'm in the journalism school! :D

And I'm triple majoring. :O

I spent a few long hours with the course guide last night, and I sort of have a semblance of a plan. But the fight is long from over. I now have 4 advisers - one for each major and then one for studying abroad. I need to figure out how to balance the honors college.

And I've already found a schedule conflict: I absolutely have to take Career Exploration in Journalism - a puny, 8 week, pass or fail course. Conveniently, they only offer one lecture of it. And it's the same time as the only offered lecture for Spanish Phonetics. :( I guess I could take Spanish Phonetics next year if I have to... and it looks as though that may be the case, but there was such brilliant symmetry in finishing all the normal Spanish by the end of this year, so I could start in on literature next year. :(

But alas, it's only the beginning of this kind of stuff if I am going to triple major...

No comments: