October 21, 2008

German and Japanese

I love the sound of German. For some reason it seems so warm to me. It might be my favourite language to just hear... to just have in the ambience. I don't rightfully understand why - it's not my favourite language to speak, though it's not bad! :D It's just that hearing it makes me feel warm and cozy. At home.

On the way back from Political Science I was walking with Mayumi and the two German Phillips were behind us, deutsching away. :D I was so happy! After a moment Mayumi turns to be and says,

"Doitsu-go!" And I understood... because, when you're thinking the exact same thing, sometimes you think it in every-language.

She started laughing half a moment later and apologized, was about to translate and I said, "No, no, it's okay... I understand."

"Oh, anata wa nihonjin desu!" She said.

"Hai, soo desu. Watashi wa nihonjin desu, doitsu go kara!"

No comments: