October 27, 2008

I love it!

I love cold floors and the walk down the hall to shower.

I love having to be creative and make things in my microwave.

I love how when Tabitha drops her sphereplay ball I can hear it well enough to know what she's doing.

I love that most mornings, I wake up to the sound of Japanese.

I love forgetting what an accent is.

I love spur of the moment walks to subway or the columns.

I love how Laws is under siege during football games...

I love that when we're under siege, we have a tunnel to the dining hall.

I love making crouton fiesta at Dobbs when there's nothing else worth eating.

I love Pocky and Microwave Shrimp Pasta.

I love how I see the shrimp in said pasta even though Jorge doesn't.

I love that it's a twenty minute walk to Plaza, and we go anyway.

I love watching winter come to a botanical garden.

I love falling leaves and the bright blue skies of late autumn.

I love how we carved pumpkins and had to keep them in the trash room for two weeks as they rotted, because we didn't have a porch.

I love that Denisse thought she was going to freeze to death when it was sixty degrees out.

I love hearing the fire alarm goes off while you can smell the burnt popcorn.

I love the overheated laundry room, and the pathetic hall kitchen with barely enough room for two.

I love how Dobbs can be empty except for the long lines.

I love sharing spoons and knives and rice cookers.

I love the dry erase boards covered in Korean, Japanese, and Spanish.

I love that the 'cooked to order' line at Dobbs is anything but.

I love how the library not only has books about foreign languages, but books about anything in foreign languages!

I love being able to say that I'm attending the oldest and best journalism school in the country.

I love Tim's cat in heat.... noise, rediculous risque English mistakes, and how he walks across the campus alone in the rain to go to his favourite dining hall.

I love that Jorge and I tried to slay the mess in my room with the sword I keep hidden in my closet. XD

I love Peter missing Texas and asking how 'we people' survive the winter here.

I love watching Laura Thal enforce Peter and Tom's political-joke and jew-joke quotas.

I love how we have enough instruments in Laws to make a band, and that at any given moment, you can hear a guitar, a piano, a clarinet, a violin, an ocarina, or at least someone's computer or iPod turned up too high.

I love that a joke spreads through the hall like wildfire.


..................................................................................................


I hate that we're watching some people turn into alcoholics.

I hate how when someone is in pain, everybody pretends not to hear it.

No comments: