October 26, 2008

A Dream

I dreamed last night. This morning, actually, in between my instinctual 8 o'clock glance at the clock and my alarm ringing at 11 so I would wake up in time for brunch. (pathetic, I know).

I've never had a dream force me to evaluate my feelings at this one did. I suspect it was at least partially lucid: I remember it too well, and despite the usual dream mainstays (random people, in this case Srta. O'Toole and Elvina), random off topic interludes... it stayed remarkably focused and I expressed myself realistically and clearly.

What does the dream mean? I don't spend a lot of time looking for meaning in my dreams, but a dream like this tells me that I'm still thinking about something that I hoped I wasn't. In my subconscious, I have a bit of a lag in my emotional progress...

But must it rule everything? Even in my dream, I forced myself to tell the truth, to say what I had to say, even though it killed me. And today it no longer kills me. So my subconscious had better just catch up, because I'm not going back...

No comments: