October 15, 2008

Faroese Progress

New Sentences:

When I get discouraged by my sometimes sporadic and almost always random practice, I remind myself that I started out my Norwegian studies with a ten word vocabulary that included 'pen', 'whalepenis', and two different words for speak. And that the first grammatical structure I mastered was *.... is better than....*

Fewer sentences this time, and I have yet to check some of them with a native speaker. But I think I'm getting a bit better. For some reason these are all grusome. I partially blame the vocabulary the book gives, and partially the fact that I only know four verbs*: has, had, saw, and is. XD

Mikudagur, 15. Oktober 2008
1.) Eg havi ein stein.
2.) Eg havi ein hund.
3.) Hevur tú ein hund?
4.) Ápostulin hevði ein húk í tumli sínum.... og nú er hann ein krypil.
5.) Fiskimaðurin hevði tuberklar.
6.) Snigilin hevði ein húk í skel síni.
7.) At hava ein bát er at vera týðandi.

1.) I have a stone.
2.) I have a dog.
3.) Do you have a dog?
4.) The apostle had a fishhook in his thumb... and now he is a cripple.
5.) The fisherman had tuberculosis.
6.) The snail had a fishhook in his shell.
7.) To have a boat is to be important.

* I'm aware I'm taking some liberties using the word like that.

No comments: