October 01, 2008

1/24th Done

I'm about 1/24th done with University, so I'm going to evaluate my progress.

So far I have credit for: (24+)
Basic Math (Up to Calculus) - N/A
English Composition and Literature Requirements - 6?
Political Science II (Comparative Governments)- 3
Art History I (Prehistory - Rennaisance) - 3
Beginning and Intermediate Spanish - 9+
German I - 3

I am currently earning credit for: (16)
Advanced Spanish Conversation - 3
Introduction to Anthropology - 3
Introduction to Geography - 3
Introduction to Psychology (Honors) - 3
Political Science I (International Relations)- 3
FIG (Introductory Seminar - Preparation for Study Abroad)- 1


So Far: I've been taking elementary courses. I'm burning up a lot of electives, which isn't nice, but I want to be sure about my second major. I know I'm going to have one major in Spanish and one in something else, which I should know by the end of the year. At any rate, things are easy so far. I'm establishing a nice GPA that might help later. :)

Future Plans: Next semester I need to continue with Spanish. I'm also going to take an introductory course in Linguistics, one in Economics, and one in Journalism. After this I should know whether I want to have my second major in Psychology, Business, Journalism, Anthropology, or Linguistics (They're actually all possibilities). I should be left with a little more room in my schedule, so if it turns out that I need a lab science, I'll get that out of the way. Otherwise, I don't think I can get into Japanese or Chinese second semester, so I might take another German class. I'd like to at least take one or two semesters of German in college to build on what I did in High School. Italian is also a possibility. As is Russian. ;_; I love everything!
After next semester I'll have decided what I want to do. After that my schedule should become more specialized. I also need to start seriously thinking about when/where to do my study abroad. I have about three semesters to work with... and at the very least I have to go to a Spanish speaking country for a semester, and Norway for a semester. I could do a year in either one of these, and a semester in the other. Or I could do a semester in each and do one semester in a totally random country (Japan, Finland, Italy?) which is also very appealing. :) Germany is also a candidate for this third, especially if I do a business major.

No comments: