January 07, 2009

Nothing But the Ending of the War

There's a lot to say, but I'll start with something current.

The Gaza - Israel thing.

Oh yes, it kills me. Don't think I'm indifferent.
But my Facebook feed is covered by friends who have 'donated their statuses' to both sides of the conflict. You almost wish it would be as simple as a holy war or anything you could pass a judgment on. It's not, but still, I'm reminded of a brilliant song by Kris Kristofferson.

See the lightning, hear the cries
Of the wounded in a world in Holy war
Mortal thunder from the skies
Killing everything they say they're fighting for

Broken babies, broken homes,
Broken-hearted people dying everyday
How'd this happen, what went wrong
Don't blame God, I swear to God I heard him say

Not in my name, not on my ground
I want nothing but the ending of the war
No more killing, or it's over
And the mystery won't matter anymore



And I'm glad that what I think makes no difference at all, because there's no way I could conceive of a solution to something like this. I'll keep my head down. I guess I'll pray.

No comments: