January 23, 2009

You're so Drive...

Last night Mimi and Richard came in to see Mayumi and I after going to the club, and they seemed a bit drunk here and there, but they kept stating emphatically that they weren't, and I actually believe them, because Mimi is just that way, and you could kind of tell that Richard was playing around. But while we were all laughing and talking, someone asked if we knew our next door neighbor, that they left their key in their door. That would be Mitsuki, also recently returned from the club, who came in next after Mimi and Richard left.

Mitsuki has this beautiful full moon face, but when she has been drinking, her nose and eyes look kind of squinty and her face is red, the same as when she cries. So she looked like that, and Mayumi asked her if she was drunk, and she said that she wasn't, she had only had four drinks. Now, Mitsuki can't weigh more than 10 pounds more than I do, and I know from that chart they always push at us that I'm legally over the driving limit after one drink.

So I laughed and said, "Mitsuki, what do you mean? You've already had four times more than you could drink and drive!"

And she got really confused, and kept saying, "No, I didn't drive! I didn't drive!"

But Mayumi got it, and Mitsuki's English is very good, better than Mayumi's, so I knew she was drunk right then because it's always the other way around. Then Mitsuki, trying to figure it out, started asking, "Drive? I am not drive? What? I don't know drive?" And then somehow Mayumi and I made eye contact and decided to have a little fun, so we started saying,

"Yeah you are, you don't know it because you're so drive, go to bed, you're too drive," stuff like that. She leaned over and took Mayumi's electronic dictionary, typed in drive, and started saying, "No, no, it's not here, there is only verb!" And we teased her a few minutes and then told her the truth.

It was really funny

^^

No comments: