February 22, 2009

Weekend Trip Home

I went home this weekend which was a mixed bag of comfort and annoyance. For one, it's almost not worth the trouble just to go home for one full day. This morning it seemed positively unreal that I would soon be back in Columbia. For another, it was all work - gross, sentimental work like throwing away or donating half of what I own so that we can move away from my childhood home.

But I did get to see Lucia, which was great. We went to see Slumdog Millionaire (Way better than I expected) and then we cooked some curry. It was kind of our first time with Indian food, but it turned out really well. We stayed up talking until 2 am, and my mom was nice enough to clean the kitchen for us too. :D

Today I said goodbye to all of them, and especially little Tidbit who's turning rather white, and I got a ride with Laura to come back to Columbia, and I had to pee really bad the whole time, but I didn't feel like I could ask because she and her mom were talking and listening to music the whole time up front and I felt rather unwanted.

I got a phone call not long after arriving. It was my mother, demanding to know why I hadn't called her, even though I have a pretty good memory for such things and really didn't remember her asking me to. Then she told me that because I had left laundry in the laundry room, she had given Melissa 20$ from my account to finish it. I get that she's trying to punish me, but she knows as well as I do that /I/ would never be paid 20$ to run a load of laundry, nevermind that Melissa owes me 150$ for stealing my books, etc.

X(

No comments: