February 07, 2009

Photoshoot at Devil's Icebox


The other day Tabi and Laura and I went to Devil's Icebox. The picture taking frenzy started with Laura climbed on a branch over the river, and went on until the sun set. Some really cute pictures came out of it. I find myself enjoying and becoming more serious about photography all the time. (I still take a lot of crappy pictures, but good ones here and there too...) One problem with this is, it's really shallow and annoying, but I get frustrated when the pictures of me don't turn out as well as the pictures I take... For example, I wanted a picture of me on a fallen tree over the stream. When I took pictures of Tabitha on the tree, I thought, "Okay, the point is that she's climbed out there, in winter, over a stream which is beautiful. We want her looking confident, carefree, brave, capable... and we want to show the stream below her. We want her to look small while still dominating the picture. Of course, with my camera on the highest quality setting, we can always zoom in closer to her later if we want." I dunno what they were thinking when I asked them to take the same shot of me. Anyway, it was a nice day. :D











No comments: