February 09, 2009

Danial and I's Plan

Just so that you know, world, I found out that I have an identical twin, and his name is Danial. Okay, so what we lack in identicality due to gender we make up for with strange coincidences in our life histories! Vi er ett... ;) (Oh, even that has a creepy double meaning, now, doesn't it?)

Anyways, all the creepiness aside, Danial and I have decided to help each other learn Norwegian. And this is how. Every day, Danial will find two Norwegian words, most likely from his conversations with his Norwegian friends online. He will look them up and tell me the words, definitions, and original sentences. I will do the same thing with new words I encounter through reading books and newspapers - two every day. We will hold each other responsible for learning all four words every day. :D

So far, we have:

å Grue seg - to Dread
Utilgjenglig - Inaccessible, Unreachable
å Slite med - to Struggle with
å Måke - to Clear Away, Shovel (Snow or Manure)
å Omgi - to Surround
en Fordel - Advantage

Voldom - Severe, Intense
å Herje - to Devestate, Ravage
å Hindre - to Hinder
å Styrte - to Dash, Plunge
Skrekkslagen - Terrified
Nesegrus - Prone, Prostate, Face Down

No comments: