February 16, 2009

Fun with Roommates

Today I came home from classes at one and Mayumi was still asleep. What is the etiquette for such a thing, I wonder? If it was early morning, or late night, or if Mayumi was sick, I'd of course do my best to tiptoe around, not turn on the overhead lights, not cook anything loud or stinky, etc...

But one in the afternoon? I had been craving some shrimp noodles all day, so I decided to make them. I stalled for about half an hour and did other things while Mayumi slept on, and finally I made my noodles. At this point Mayumi rolled out of bed and went to the restroom.

As soon as I had finished the noodles, she asked if she could throw them away, because she didn't like the smell. Which actually was sort of a surprise, because at the beginning of the year I made these exact same noodles, worried a bit about the smell, and Mayumi really liked it. Afterwards she went out and bought many packages of the same noodles. Now she says that she did like them but now she only likes the beef noodles.

>:S
(If that face looks confusing/frustrating, it's because it's confused/frustrated.)

Then I helped Mayumi for about half an hour when she tried to call customer service for her prepaid phone and was having communication issues. I took the phone and at least she was kind enough to sit there looking bored instead of going back to watching her movie. The end result? The card wasn't broken, she had purchased the wrong card.

No comments: