August 07, 2006

The Wonders of Wal Mart

I did a little shopping today. For the school year. I got rice cakes in brown sugar cinnamon and kettle corn flavours, three kinds of cheese crackers, soup-in-hand tomato and chicken noodle soup, potato crisps, ramen with shrimp, ramen with chicken, pretzal and peanut butter sandwiches, cinnamon sugar and garlic herb pita chips, french bread garlic crisps, snyder's garlic pretzal nibblers, three cheese parmesan, 1% organic milk, vanilla malted milk, wisconsin summer sausage, mild chedder, town house crackers, vegetable beef soup, chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup, clam chowder, shrimp bisque, popcorn shrimp, frozen garlic shrimp, orange roughy, cod, garlic herb alfredo sauce, angel hair pasta, bow tie pasta, garlic bow ties, spinich alfredo noodles, thai peanut chicken, curry chicken rice bowl, lemon grass chicken rice bowl, and peanut butter chocolate kisses. 30 packs of unlined index cards, 29 colours of full sized sharpies, 10 plain pocket folders, 5 design pocket folders, 58 plain college ruled notebooks, 5 colours of highlighters, 35 mechanical pencils, 3 red pens, 10 blue pens, 10 black pens, 36 colours of coloured pencil, and college ruled notebook paper.

Lovely lesson in memory retrieval, just there.

Anyhow after that I had some time, so I walked around looking for interesting people. One woman speaking German on her cell phone, two women in saris, one mexican family, three old asian ladies, a teenage girl with an afro (albeit a tame one). Then, a jackpot; a whole family of... I don't even know what! The men had funny hats, badly managed beards, and robes, the girls had robe-like things too, no hoods, and the little girl of about 4 was just gorgeous, and smiled at me! :D They were talking really fast, and the language was just filled with laterals and didn't sound as harsh as arabic.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being creepy or something, but I love it! I love it! I love people, and the world, and that I can find a bit of it at Wal-Mart...

2 comments:

Jimmy Archer said...

Is all that food going to last you for the whole year? :O

Elindomiel said...

To be honest, it just might last until close to Thanksgiving. I think it may be a new record for me. I will have to buy more of a few things, though. I bought Veggie Soup in bulk, but I eat it faster than I could ever buy it, so we'll be back. I also only bought about 6 things of Ramen, figuring if I hated the stuff I could throw it away without losing more than a buck or two. But, I like it... :D

And I know I'll run out of school supplies...