August 01, 2006

TriMo First Day

Today's the first day of TriMo! Have you heard of NaNoWriMo? You write 50,000 words in one month. One of my forum writing communities has a similar, but less excruciating, challenge of 50,000 words in three months. I signed up. And... today was the first day! I want to be vastly ahead of schedule going into school, so when real life intervenes, I'll have a security system. I don't know yet whether I'm allowed to spead the word count between my really challenging first person memoir style piece and my rather simple just for fun fantasy piece, but I hope so, because otherwise I'll have to pick between making it more of a challenge than I have time for and making it an almost lazy experiance.

Anyhow, I started out today by starting the easier story, where I managed 1,730 words this morning. The actual average you should have a day is 556, so suffice to say I'm ahead of schedule right at the starting gate. But for how long? :P

No comments: