August 31, 2006

Still a Citizen

We took a piece of the naturalization test in Government today, and Chazen joked that he was going to revoke anyone's citizenship who didn't pass. Well, I did, with a hair over half the class. Darionte and Lauren Martin were among those who got the axe... well, they better hurry, I heard Canada was closed on weekends. :P

Yes, move to Canada, closed on weekends, ha ha, funny. Canada owes me five dollars in REAL quarters. Oh, I'm a liberal, I'm so mad at Bush I think I'll move to Canada...

It's all flattering enough, no? And certainly rather harmless. But there does seem to be a general attitude in the US that Canada can't quite be taken seriously, like it's our mildly French, mildly eccentric twin brother who says "Eh" and "Aboot" a bit too much. Now, I'm as willing to laugh at good natured fun as anyone, and maybe no one cares, but I do wonder how the Canadians feel about this.

Think about it. Or don't, whatever suits you. Anyhow, say there's an election in Mexico, and people are mad at the one who wins, so they joke around and say they might just move to the US.

How would we view this? Am I the only one who cares? Bah, I really went off subject. But what's this blog aboot, eh?

2 comments:

Nitecruzr said...

Duct tape is the universal holder, and 1/3 of the plugger toolbox.

Your blog is fine, as far as I can see.

You probably should use word verification (captcha) for comments though.

Elindomiel said...

Thanks! I couldn't make head or tails or it for a week. :(