August 22, 2006

"F" For "Freak"

"If you fall under Liberal or Authoritarian, mark "L" for "Liberal". If you fall under Conservative or Libertarian, mark "C" for "Conservative." If you fall under Moderate, mark "M" for Moderate...

All day was full of political tests to mark where our opinions put us. I was amazed by how liberal I've become... I got a score of -60 on a scale where 0 was Moderate and the negatives were to the left. The class ran a nice gambit, though, from 30 to -80, and at in the Honours Coursesl the Conservatives are few and far between, so we were lucky to have that 30. Anyhow, I was fourth as far as Liberal went; First Andrew, who you can never tell if he truly believes in that or if he's just pushing pot, then Christy and Layla (She and I had nearly identical scores), then me.

But on the next test, there were five areas; Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Libertarian, Authoritarian. So he gave us the above speech.

"But, Mr. Chazen, what if you're on the line between Liberal and L..."

"I'll get to that! Okay, if you're on the line between Moderate and Authoritarian or Moderate and Liberal, mark ML. Vice Versa, mark MC. Now, compare your labels with the last survey..."

"Um, I don't have a label yet."

"... What are you?"

"I'm on the line between Liberal and Libertarian."

"What? How the hell can you be on a line between Liberal and Libertarian?"

*Examination of Sheet, Results Found to Be Legit*

"Okay, mark "F" for "Freak.""

*Scores of Laughter*

Is that an option on Facebook?

(P.S. For all those wondering, Freak Status can be achieves by following nearly consistantly liberal personal-social attributes, and half heartedly following conservative fiscal attributes.)

No comments: