April 12, 2009

Easter as an Exile

私の気の卵 (My Egg of Power... has the Kanji for Power on it.)

I'm still in the States this year, but I might as well not be. Tabitha and I are just about the only Americans left at Mizzou. The parking lots are deserted as most of the student body has headed home to be with their families for the holiday. My parents called this morning and I talked to each of them a bit, which was nice... Still, I better get used to experiencing these holidays as an exile, eh? :)

I bought some egg dye last time I was home, and so Mayumi, Mitsuki, Mimi, Tabi and I decided to dye some eggs. Mayumi bought a dozen and we accidentally cracked one, then we raided the downstairs fridge and stole four more that expired only a few weeks ago. We boiled them in two rice cookers, and it seemed to work pretty well. Laura and Elvina showed up later and each dyed an egg. Considering that it was the first time most of our group had dyed eggs, they caught on really fast and made some really cute and creative designs and colours!

No comments: