April 11, 2009

Why I'm Partial to Bad Weather

Today the weather is beautiful. The sun is shining and the grass is green, and it's nice and perfect cool - the spring still working on it's comeback from the aftershock of winter that hit last week and even brought a bit of snow to the pear blossoms and daffodils.

And when the weather's nice, I just can't rest. There's an itching inside of me screaming, "Don't delay! Go out as soon as you possibly can! Walk, run, climb, wade... enjoy!"

And that's just the problem. Quite often, I can't. Or the rest of me doesn't want to. And then I can't make all of me happy with the new plan, because the itch won't go away.

Today my friends are all out of town and I'm a bit sick and feel somewhat miserable, and I'd love to study some Japanese and I need to clean my room and do a lot of schoolwork. But this itch wants me out and about. It's ridiculous. Alone? Leaving all responsibilities behind? Sneezing the whole time?

If it was raining and dreary out, like it was last week when I felt fine, I'd relax completely, knowing it was a Saturday - I could rest and not waste a thing. Take a nap. Read. Do laundry. But instead I want out and don't want out. I'm miserable.

No comments: