November 30, 2005

A Hunch and a Memory



So this morning I don't know what came first, the Norwegian or the Board Game, but I suddenly got to thinking that å huske was Norwegian for to remember, and I used to own an old memory game called Huskerdoo. (The spelling and all was off, but I used to play it long before I knew how to read, so I only heard my mom say it to me.) I wondered vaguely if there was a relationship, then thought that Husker Du... wouldn't that be the question form? Do You Remember? I was brilliantly excited! Unfortunately, I had to wait all day to investigate this hunch, and then I got home, and sure enough, thats where they pulled the name from! I hadn't thought about 'Huskerdoo' for years! :P The site did say they got it from the Danish Husker Du, conveniently enough also Do You Remember? That was a little dissapointing, but I was pretty close. ^^ Excitement.

1 comment:

Elindomiel said...

Why so? I used to play that all the time...