March 09, 2009

Six Very Sweet Birthday Wishes

"Happy 19! I'm so glad I have such an amazing roommate like you! You like cold weather, shrimp noodle, and stupid games... and I like hot weather, beer, and staying up late! However, we love chocolates, sleeping, and talking together. <3 <3 Love you, by sweet roommate. <3"

- Mayumi

"Dear: Mira Chan
Happy Birthday *
As I often say, I really like you very much. I like many people here, but you are the most friendly person in Laws Hall, I think.
Though I am not good at talking with people, but you are always cheerful and kind, so I like to talk with you.
You always give me a lot of knowledge and vigor. Thank you for them!
Please keep being what you are now, from now on.
P.S. - Sorry for my bad English!"

- Tomomi


"Hey, and happy, happy birthday! You're 19, crazy! Anyway, this is in a
way a birthday card, I just wrote down 19 random memories we shared
last summer :P Hope it makes you smile!
Lots of love,
Liisa

1. Sitting on the floor in my room and reading the "My First 1000
Words in Finnish" kids' book and laughing at the most idiotic
pronunciations possible: hamsteri becoming [ham-ster-aye]
2. "...wanna buy an another one?" after the lovely spinach-feta
pastries at Suomenlinna.
3. The anthill. No need to say more.
4. The frustration because of the lack of public bathrooms! Shame on you, Suomi.
5. You analysing Karelian pastries: "It's funny how something
resembles cardboard so much but is still good"
6. Råg Fras.
7. The safety nets in Moominworld and comparing them with the American
ones: "Yes, you could fit a child there, we would have that covered as
well..."
8. Hemingway-picnic in the rain, on the rocks :D
9. You never got tired with playing with the fridge magnets. Sweet!
10. The ode-like praise for Maria cookies.
11. "What if we just... bought the 3-day tickets?" after some four
hours of youtubing and diplomatic "quarter of a smiley face" -ranking.
12. The beauty of the Texas accent: "'course, if I was talkin' like
this, I wouldn't even know what a diftong was..."
13. "You are such a cute new driver" when my driver's license was like
three hours old :)
14.Your affection to rocks. Naww!
15. "Flight cancelled"
16. Hullu sonni rakastaa puuroa.
17. Ordering in Finnish, ice cream in Moominworld ("Yes, I understood"
x)) and hot dog in Ruisrock. <3
18. The pretty, shiny, tiny pieces of glass at Skansen.
19. Your facial expression and high voice "Two things: Firstly, your
latrine has windows, that is really inappropriate! Secondly, THE
TOILET JUMPS!""

- Liisa


"MI-RAN-DI-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HAPPY HAPPY CUMPLEAÑOS!!!!!!!

amiga d mi corazon! estas mas vieja hoy! ejejejejeje... espero que tenga un dia muy lindo.. y q a pesar d q no vas a estar tan acompañada, disfruta tu dia sea como sea!!! =D yo estare contigo en espiritu... ok?

mñn te llamo para q hablemos un rato... ok?

luv ya girly girl! take care! ^^"

- Lucia



"Happy Birthday, dearest friend! I hope it's a wonderful one! I love you and miss you :)

love,
your twin"

- Stephanie


"Bonne anniversaire, Cumpleaños feliz, grattis på födelsedagen, Felichan Naskightagon, Gute zum Geburtstag, 生日快乐, გილოცავ დაბადების დღეს, ᓇᓪᓕᐅᓂᖅᓯᐅᑦᓯᐊᕆᑦ, जन्मदिनको शुभकामना, Yumi selebretem de blong bon blong yu, Quchjaj qoSlIj, Hyvää synttäriä, Fortuna dies natalis! :P"

- Mikko


Jashen's was also very sweet! Thank you, everyone! I feel very loved today!

No comments: