March 16, 2009

The Birth Pangs of Spring

Spring is coming! Alright, so it's mostly here, but the weather is so fickle in Missouri that one can never be certain it's here to stay. For three weeks now we've alternated between cool, very wet days, warm perfect slice of heaven days, and freezing days when it feels like we're back in the heart of winter and all the rain from the day before freezes. It's a treacherous time of year. Check the weather before you go out!

Spring break is next week, which means a lot of work for us now. I wrote no less than three essays over the weekend. Two are for a pass fail class, so I didn't put much into them. I also slacked off a bit on the Spanish one, as I gave that professor some of my best work with the last essay and he didn't appreciate it at all. Surprise, I got the same grade on this one (93%), but he docks points without any explanation and he's too scary and wrathful to ask about it. (4/5 on content... what more was he looking for? I know I was the only person to pick the harder topic, and I spent an hour or so planning the content alone!)

Oh well. Tonight I have a Statistics Exam. And a Prom. Don't ask how that is going to work out.

But today I saw some little white flowers poking out of some mulch outside of Arts and Sciences. And after the rains, all the lichen on the trees glows an almost painful green. Observe...


Coincidentally, this is my answer. Look to the details...

No comments: