December 15, 2008

Mid Finals Checkup

Last week I took my Psychology and Spanish finals. In both cases, I didn't feel as though I aced them - perhaps low A's, maybe high B's if I was unlucky - but then, my grades in those classes were pretty high, so I should get A's in both.

Today was the Geography final. I only needed a C+ to keep an A in the class, but unfortunately I estimate my grade as a mid B, so if it wasn't for the rumoured curve I would be worried about the possibility. There were a few questions that I thought were unfair, and as a whole I was angry, because for a test supposedly spanning all the Americas, almost 70% of the questions were for the U.S. - and that was the section I had studied the least! And two of the very few South American questions were trick questions. One was so badly written that I suspect/hope that it will be thrown off. The other...

I also finished my essay for Psychology today. It was alright, but not as good as my Spanish essay was. The thing is that I was really interested in my topic, synesthesia, so I wanted to give the essay everything I had, and I just didn't have the time or energy this week. But I had 100% in that class before the final and this essay, so I should be fine.

Now I have an Anthropology final tomorrow. I have 100% in the class, but I've slacked off for these chapters, so I need to study a bit tonight just to be super-safe.

The Political Science final, which I am most worried about, is on Friday. Luckily I have the whole week, almost, to study for that.

In other news...

1.) I 'modelled' on Friday. My pictures will be put in the various posters and brochures that they use next year to try to get people to live in the dorms. :D That's kind of fun!

2.) I think I have a pretty good chance of getting this one job for next year. More on that later - and my interview is tomorrow!

3.) Tonight I had a breakthrough of sorts with Faroese. I haven't really touched it for a while, because life was busy and I knew I'd have more time over break. But at dinner tonight, a Faroese song was in my head, and I found myself translating lines I hadn't understood before. When I came in, I listened to a new song - Elisabet og Elinborg - and I found myself understanding about 80% of the song! What was really strange is that I also understood about 70% of what she says before she sings, which, as it turns out, is actually in Icelandic! :D I think I've gained a level...

No comments: