December 07, 2008

8 Year Old Birthday Party

To celebrate Tabitha's birthday, we made a fort under the lounge stairs with towels and blankets, and then played traditional party games like Truth or Dare. Mostly we did Truths, which are kind of lame after the first round, but Laura T. took a dare and we made her go outside the tent and do the Chicken Dance. No one other than the four of us had any earthly idea of what we were doing, so it was pretty amusing.

Our status in the dorm might have taken a hit, but it was fun anyways. I tried out for a future career as a contortionist by squeezing myself into the fort through an alternate path: through the bars of the staircase railing, and then immediately down against the wall and into the fort. Classic. I was all the way through the tricky parts (and there were some tricky parts), and had only my head to go. Fitting my head through is easy because all I have to do is turn it to the side, but right then Laura T. jumped out and said, "Boo!" and I pulled down quickly, skinning my knee on the step. XD Oww....

No comments: