July 27, 2006

Two Stories

So, I really like the story I'm working on right now. I've been writing about 1,000 words a day on it, and it's been challenging me a lot for a number of reasons. First of all, it has a rather undefined plot structure, something that's difficult to work with. I may choose to put in more sub plots to give it some shape, but I don't want to do that by compromising the main story in any way, so I'll have to be thinking about that. Additionally, the style I'm writing in, combined with the first person narrative, makes it difficult to write with much interest from the part of the reader. I'm enjoying these challenges, but...

They also tend to worry me and make me fret, regardless of the fact that I am mostly writing at this point for A.) myself, and B.) practice. Therefore, I'm going to be working, not as ferociously, but when I'm stuck or something, on a second story, which is on the opposite end of my familiarity spectrum. It's limited third person, multiple POV, and rather typical fantasy. But I hope to have fun with it, too. :) Now I can rest happily.

No comments: