July 31, 2006

Greece

I can scarcely believe my life lately. From the peace I felt last night, to this excitement for the potential of the new year; my Junior year, the last year before College searches and Mega-Tests, growing up and moving out. The question on my mind right now is, When should I start learning Greek?

This is the time we've waited for, my mom says. You're old enough, we've got the money...

My Dad's going to Greece. On business. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get to come along. We've spent all day comparing airfares and layovers. It's doable, my mom at last admits. Doable. Athens in October, Curacao in December, Rome and Pompeii in March. I can scarcely believe it. After all my whining, I might end up travelling abroad no less than three times this year.

It's the time of my life when I'm finally growing into the things I've always promised myself, the things I said I'd do when I'm older. I'm starting to enter a time I've looked forward to. Isn't that a strange feeling?

And also because you've been so good, she says. There's something to be said for not getting in trouble. And little things, like how you don't complain about your car having the shakes, I know Mel will...

Oh, how I want to think that. I want to think that I've been good, and this is my reward. Greece. It's not a hundred percent certain. But it's growing. Yesterday, when I first heard of it, maybe 40%. Now I'd say 75%. Maybe more. Mom checked the calendar, and I'm not taking PSAT until the next week, it's a good time to miss school. We can get the round trip for about 1,000 USD, and my dad already has the hotel, etc.

I'm crossing my fingers...

No comments: