July 25, 2006

Kids, Kids, Kids

Worked all day. Babysat 9 - 4, cooked 4-5:30, VBS 5:30-8.

Put Nate down for his nap. Easy, once I gave him elephant and a binky. No diapers. ^^ Grace swam in a blow up pool; I kept an eye on her, both when I could spare them, through the glass doors as I folded laundry and stirred noodles with butter. She didn't like them, though, because I added salt and a touch of garlic. Disgusting. Just when I thought her about the pickiest blonde monster ever to walk the earth, she sat there and ate two or three cups of cottage cheese right before my wondering eyes. So that was that; she even earned the fudge cakes I had brought for desert.

Had a mug of Clam Chowder. Watched "The Pacifier" and then four episodes of "Kim Possible." The opening song to that is nostalgic, one of the last disney shows I actually watched, once or twice. Brings me back to a summer, a week spent at my grandparents house, drawing bad pictures to impress (I thought) my aunt Janet. She's so nice, though, really, she might have been impressed. That was years ago, though, summer after sixth grade; four years. And part of me thinks of Kim as a new show. How old does that make me? :P

Haley came home from the hospital with a big bandage on her leg, holes where her IV had gone in, and a huge round of complaints. I listened patiently to every one (from how much her leg hurt to how buttery the hospital popcorn was) as her mom filled a prescription at KMart. I do love those kids, you know. The Moores. My parents like to act like that makes them the Moorish invaders.

Another round with the Mud Children. Paige was clingy again, Mira was being a brat according to her mother, Laura spoke a little more (her last name is Quesal, rhymes with Weasel, and she is one year older than I). I'm also wondering if it's possible to be sexually harrassed by a five year old. Grant was petting my thighs when he sat on my lap. I'm thinking of not following them up another year; can't have children that scary get bigger than I am.

Neither the Moors or the Mud Children can hold a candle to the Girl Scouts, though... :D

No comments: