June 16, 2006

Writing and Reading

The best way to improve your writing is to write. After that is to read and think about writing. So, I just want to get more serious at all of the above. So far, I've been making the effort to write every day, and succeeding. Have I been getting 500 words a day? Well, no. I got 700 today, but yesterday less than 300. So, that will vary. But I have been thinking about writing a lot, thinking about good charectors and form and style and plot. Also, I've been reading more. Currently I'm reading The Iliad and The Kite Runner.

They're very different, obviously... one a classic and the other mainstream fiction. But so far theyre both very good, and I think I can feel myself learning technique! :P Alright, so the Iliad is a lot of technique to aspire to. But still, it's a step in the right direction to read it and think about it...

Edit: I topped out at more than 1,000 today. I rock. ^^

No comments: