June 15, 2006

GPA

So, grades were dissapointing because although they were all higher than last semester (except History with a demon teacher, but especially math), my GPA actually dropped. How? Simple.

Math - 72% (C) --- 87% (B)
Biology - 82% (B) --- 89.3% (B)
English - 90% (A) --- 93% (A)
History - 90% (A) --- 88% (B)
German - 95% (A) --- 95% (A)
Spanish - 91% (A) --- 98% (A)
Latin - 93% and Project (H) --- 96% (A)

So, obviously the problem is in not doing the Latin project. I guess I can admit that I should have, BUT... 1) I thought my grade was high enough without it. It has to be a 97% or above. Perhaps it was until the final, in which case, bah, at least I can't blame anyone. But if it was because it was below 97% anywhere in the semester, then I blame my teacher, because I had a hard time getting grade print outs from him and knowing where I stood. 2) You have to do the project in the middle of finals week! Last semester, this was possible because I devoted a three day weekend to it. This year, no such opportunity was available.

So in the end, I must say, well, it was an H for God's sakes, what are you going to do? It's really just the irony that's killing you, your grades are fine. And probably, the colleges would rather you have a B and an A than a C and an H. Hard to say.

But Irony Part II... and not as destructive...

I have a 4.0 in College so far. :D Because my Spanish class counted for 5 credit hours in college.

No comments: