June 30, 2006

Time Apart

Sorry if I have neglected anyone lately... I think I've neglected almost everyone. But I need it... because in a twisted way, I've neglected myself for too long. Not in the way of thinking about how I work, god knows I've done too much of that... but in simply letting myself work that way. It's very nice. I think it's helping, a lot. I'm getting a little done in the process. I've also figured out the horrible, nasty, but very human reason why I wish I was anything but American. I'm disgusted with it, but that's life. I've been reading a lot, dreaming about new worlds and freshening up my mental atmosphere. I've been reading the oldest stuff (Cicero, Iliad), and the newest (The Kite Runner, Memoirs of a Geisha) and whatever I find in between (Pride and Prejudice). And ah... I'm really very happy. Happy in a different way than I think I've been in a long time.

So yes, now I'm off... I could be mysterious, but really, I'm going to the Lake. I'll have some fun out on the boat and playing Soul Calibur, and also some time to be myself. Completely. Without any ties. Not Petra, not Elindomiel, not even Ellie. I'll just be Miranda.

I'll see you after that.

No comments: