June 25, 2006

Eight - Lust

Lust in the sense of wanting more of what this individual finds stimulating to the point that most people would feel overwhelmed and say too much.

Obsession. Addiction. Wanting More. Wanting it all. Wanting too much.

Yeah, I've got that. A Brief List, excluding foods:

Banjo Kazooie - 1998

The Hobbit - 1998

Computers - 1998 on

Paranormal - 1998-2001

Pokemon - 1999-2001

Lord of the Rings 2001 on

Languages 2001 on

Zelda - 2002

Elvish - 2002

Writing - 2002 on

Role Playing - 2003 on

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance - 2004

When is enough enough? When you get up at 5 from dreams of running down hallways killing beasts to play Dark Alliance before you go to school in the morning? When you spend all your electives and more taking German, Spanish, and Latin? When you learn a bit of the language of LOTR, and can recite the first 5 chapters of the Lay of Leithien? When you sneak on at lunch and gym class to make a reply, and hit F5 on message boards repeatedly, waiting for more stimulation? When you know every detail about Zelda and Banjo Kazooie, and what it was originally called, and the little jokes of the producers, and what happens when you pull out the left side of the cartridge exactly so? When you can recite all 251 pokemon, in order, and know more about them than any kid at your school, in the epicenter of the madness?

That being said... I think I do watch myself. Bah... Or it could just be luck. What I mean is... so far, they're all rather healthy obsessions. Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance was probably the worst, and Pokémon was disgustingly fadish. But Languages and Writing are productive. Still, I'll jus ttry to stay away from Drugs. I don't drink, I don't like pain or sleep pills, and I don't do Soda or Caffeine. I'll do my best! :D

No comments: