May 22, 2009

Shopping for Short People

It's hard. It really is. People think it's cute that I'm so small, but they haven't /really/ thought about it.

Take shorts, for example. Shorts make my legs look even shorter than they already are... and if your legs are too short, they can't really look slender. Now, mine don't look fat or thick or anything, but I would need more length for them to actually look slender. The shorter the shorts, the less of an effect this has, but I'm still not a fan of shorts.

Once I have the shorts on, the real fun begins. Most shirts are long on me. I have broad enough shoulders, so I can wear even up to a medium shirt size, depending on the design, but shirts invariably go over the top of my jeans and sometimes several inches below that. Which is fine, when I'm wearing jeans.

When I'm wearing shorts, it looks like I'm not wearing pants.


Finding shorts in size 0 is really easy for some reason, since society wants us to have pencil legs - and even if shorts are 'long' shorts, I still don't have to walk on them like I walk on most pants.

But shoes are fun again. When I tell them size 5, most stores send me to the kids section. And guess what? I've grown out of Barbie and Hannah Montana, even if my feet haven't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain Miranda...I feel it.