May 21, 2009

Moving

Did I think that things would be nice and easy once finals ended? Ha!

Finals turned into packing the dorm room, turned into organizing the lake house, turned into emptying St. Louis and yard sales and real estate and God knows what else. It's funny to realize how much more housework I do when I'm home than when I'm living by myself... you'd think it would even out since I have to do all of my own things in Columbia, and am only doing random things here... but I lived to avoid housework 'back home'... used as few dishes as possible, wore as few clothes... and my family doesn't do that, and I'm doing it less here too - simply because we are not as directly responsible for our own messes as I was back in Columbia.

I'm getting more sleep here but otherwise I'm just as busy, with less computer time, even stressful need-to-be-doing-something computer time. Which means less blogging. Which is sad because there are a lot of events and feelings, some of which I can even blog about - or could, if I had time.

Some highlights:

- I have eight days left in my childhood home. We're moving out about 11 days from now but we're going to spend some of them with family due to a wedding and graduation. I have no days left on my childhood bed - I came home to find it already in the drive way for the yardsale.

- Stephanie and I spent a nice day together (with Tidbit XD) at Castlewood, going up the bluffs and walking along the river. Later I taught her to use a ricecooker. She got me a really cool book: "Faroese Short Stories". How she found /that/ I don't know.

- I'm so distanced already from Mizzou life that I sometimes forget about it - next week I need to do a few things for Japan (namely, look into the phone situation and buy my railpass)... and I can't forget to do that just because I no longer see Mayumi, Mitsuki, Mimi, Tomomi, Laura, or any of my other reminders of that nature anymore! :P

1 comment:

Roskur said...

What language is the book in? :P I don't think that I've heard of it, if it's in English.. xD