September 06, 2008

Trip Journal Project

I officially started my trip journal project today. I'm having a lot of fun remembering everything that happened and securing it in written form. I'm also putting it up on my writing community so that they can help me with it, because I want to make the final draft wonderful and exercise my writing skills too. :P

Will any of it trickle down onto the blog. Yes, some of it will. And I'll probably backdate it and make some sort of announcement when I add significant portions so that readers who care can go back to June/July and see the posts. But they will be signficantly edited, of course, because, although I try not to delude myself about the number of readers I get, the blog is still public, and I don't want to change people's names. (I'm not using last names, though :P).

Also, probably the people who would be most interested are the people who were part of the story... and while I don't really have anything negative to say about them that I wouldn't say to anyone else, I tried to be objective. If they have a funny habit I talk about it. It's not meant to be hurtful but I maybe wouldn't want them reading about it. So the public doesn't get those details, just my private files and my little pass-work protected writing community who doesn't know any of the other people anyway.

We'll see when I get around to posting the stuff, but June/July do look awfully bare considering all that happened. :P

P.S. - If you'd like some of the non-pared down drafts, email me... knowing the people who read the blog, I'll probably send them to you. ;)

No comments: