September 05, 2008

A First Glimpse Into Dorm Life



It's been nice, especially these last few days, to start breaking the surface with a few classmates. Here's an example of the music some of them have turned me onto.

It's both wonderful and a little disarming to be with so many people of like intelligence without it being some sort of gifted group where that's all we think and talk about. And of course, there are those who are much smarter than I...

A Note To the Side: So far, I'm very curious as to how the first exam will turn out. I haven't been a studying maniac, but I've devoted a significant portion of each day to the readings... and all the while the common room is filled with the same people, usually past midnight. They either don't sleep or they don't study...

There are a number of possibilities for how this will turn out. Best case scenario is that I find out I've been doing too much work and can relax a bit. :D Short of that, it could be that they have superhuman intelligence/study skills I'm lacking, they don't need sleep, they will do poorly on the next exam, we will all do poorly on the next exam, ..... :S I am a big geek.

No comments: