May 24, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

Today has been a productive day... productive, I mean, compared to the last week. Compared to what I did on a daily basis when school was in session? Bah. But I guess that's how it goes. Mostly what I did was organize my room, but at least I thought about packing a lot! And it's still a bit early to really pack - especially considering that I'll take some things with me on the Liisa roadtrip, and need to come home and wash them in the few days I have before Scotland. I talked to Zahra on webcam for a while today. I was halfway through the conversation when I realized we'd never actually webcammed before (I've webcammed with her before when she talked to her parents, for example), so she showed me her house and I showed her my Florida house. And I started thinking that I at least need a day or two a week of reasonable productivity in order to get basic things done this month... next week for example I need to Skype with Liisa (we have to book our flight to Missouri, and maybe some hotels/campgrounds too), chat with Allan and Lucia (we have one or two hotels and a few trains left to book for this summer...), and probably send Zahra a little package with photos from the last year. So strange to think I can't just give them to her in the fall! Last night we all watched a Brooks and Dunn tribute concert (since they're splitting up after 20 years) and it got me thinking about how I need to spend a solid day burning CDs for this summer - American music, mostly country... for the long drives across Kansas and Nebraska! I guess this post is mostly a note to self that there are a few things that need to get done, and I should start busying myself with them once in a while, because a month is PLENTY of time to do everything, but I can't leave it for the last few days. Oh! And I need to get my travel and study abroad blogs set up. Still trying to decide whether to have just one study abroad blog, or one for Spain only (and then one for Germany only, etc). I'm kind of thinking one for each semester if for no other reason that it'll be easier to have a color scheme and a theme to match! ;)

Post about summer plans coming soon! :D

No comments: