January 18, 2010

Laundry Racks

Two dollars isn't worth this,


I thought as I gathered the cold, wet laundry back into the basket and hauled it up two flights of stairs to my room.

Going green, and, as a bonus, rather Scandinavian isn't worth this,


I thought as I went back downstairs to the desk and asked for the largest rental they had, and they laughed and fetched it for me.

Supporting Tina's well-meant initiatives isn't worth this,


I thought as I struggled to set up the blasted thing and load it for the first time, making mistakes, almost having it collapse all over me.

But maybe, all these things worth together, are worth it.


And so, my hallway is now mostly obstructed by a laundry rack, covered in all my clothes.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with you.
And you're in love with the drying rack.
And the drying racks are in love with me?