January 01, 2007

New Years Party

I went to Kates house for New Years, drove there myself (yay!). The people who came were me, Gwen, Stephanie, and Mary. First we all played DDR for a really long time, surprisingly I wasn't the worst. Despite having no rhythm or dancing skills, I played the game like Spider-Squash or the similar and wider known game Whack-a-Mole, and managed to pass every round, albeit with a D. Apparently I looked really, really funny though, because everyone was in stitches and they took video. I also got the best work out. Go me. :D Mary was a genius at DDR because, well, she owns it. But it was still neat to watch. Gwen wasn't bad, got a B or two on the easier setting. Kate and Stephanie were about my level, maybe Kate was a bit worse. (Sorry Kate!) Mrs. Schlarman was hilarious.

Then we played Super Smash Brothers Melee. If we had had the original, I would have owned with Pikachu. As it was, Mary HAD to have Pikachu, and so I got to play Link with a new controller. Ah well, I won once or twice, and it was mindless and fun. We got hungry and made ravioli and taquitos, but of course with Stephanie as a vegetarian we also had to make white pizza. I love Spinach. :D

We did a few fireworks, just fountains really, and then we watched Pitch Black with Vin Diesel. It really went in line with Scary Movie night a few days back. A creepy sort of mass slaughter movie with a bit of charector development thrown in. I thought Caroline-Fry's death at the end was a little unecessary, though. And apparently the movie has two sequals that don't even go along with the first movie, which I find strange. It's like having an RPG sequal to a first person shooter.

After this Gwen and I talked about dimensions, multiple worlds, the perserverance of the mind and soul after death, and all the crazy things Norwegians do. Mary had gone to sleep halfway through Pitch Black because she wimped out, and Stephanie just took out her hearing aides and was down for the count, but I'm sure we kept poor Kate up. Sorry!

AND HAPPY NEW YEARS!

The break is so amazing! The sun has been so bright and the rain has smelled cold and sweet, and I've been free from parents and school and stress for just a few days. Working hard to catch up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol i need to get around to posting that video...

Elindomiel said...

Yes :P