November 12, 2006

Snake Agent

I'm reading an interesting book right now, called Snake Agent. I don't think the titles all that amazing, but at any rate I'm almost through it and it's... refreshing. Very creative and different and all that good stuff. It's got a somewhat a-christian-morals view on Heaven and Earth and Hell and all that, but still manages not to feel like an entirely guilty read, and I think the main charectors hearts are in the right places. I know they are; they try their damnedest to do what's right.

And it's just so much fun... the descriptions are amazingly vivid, and the world is strange, but so confidently laid out you don't quite feel frightened. Which was a problem in Snow Crash, a somewhat similar book I read. You were never at all at ease in the world... you were somewhat in awe of the charectors who were. But Snake Agent's just a tad bit more approachable... and that makes all the difference.

I'm also reading "A Child's First 1000 Words - In German". It's very useful, but the designs the same as "A Child's First 1000 Words" (In English), so I get some funny looks toting it about. Ah, well.

I love my job! I can find so many books there. ^^ I think one must use a library the same way one uses a Thesaurus - if you don't remember, as I think that was a blog post from a year or more ago - that's by looking just for looking, and not to find anything in particular. Otherwise you will likely be disappointed, but if you just explore, you find all manner of goodies. ^^

No comments: