November 13, 2006

No reprieve

I admit, there is no crushing pressure anywhere. Not from grades... to be honest, I care more about them now, but they are the same as they've always been - satisfactory. Not my best, but satisfactory. Work is going swimmingly, and I like it. Tidbit's alive, and on the mend. My family sucks, but they're not like abusing me or anything, and they love me, they're just loud and angry and 'used up' or whatever. I REALLY need to get my license, but that's hard to manage - Racquetball can quietly take the backburner and that's life...

So no, no crushing pressure. But no reprieve, either. Nowhere to hide. Not in free time or immaculate grades or in friends or even in family. That's what's cutting into me.

Emails are really the only thing I have. And that's little enough - and a guilty pleasure in reading.

2 comments:

Jimmy Archer said...

Huh, I feel the same way...

Always ambivalent, I think. It's good, it's bad, could be better, could be worse. I'm looking forward to winter break, but not, because my parents will harass me about my career, finances, marriage, and children.

Jimmy Archer said...

... but hang in there.