March 03, 2010

Presents from My Mom

I was thinking, while writing my posts about technology memories, about video games and how every time we got a new console or something for Christmas, three times in all, Mom used to give us two games with it, and one of them was always AWESOME and the other always... kind of sucked.

With the Gameboy Pocket, she got us Pokemon Yellow and Ducktales: Become the Richest Duck in the World.

With the Playstation Two, she got us Kingdom Hearts, and some incredibly crappy racing game.

I smile as I think about her going into a video game store, asking the guys behind the counter what's good. Probably, they give her their expensive, newest bestseller. And then, they rummage behind the counter for some game they're worried about selling, and tell her that's great too. It's a pretty funny mental image.

I giggle to myself, at the guy's short stint as a con-man, at my mom's naivete.

Then I think about my mom again, why she went into the store in the first place and asked what was good, that she was thinking about Melissa and I at home, unwrapping the presents for Christmas and then sitting in the basement for hours, playing together.

I really love my mom.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

=) I miss seeing your mom. & seeing you.

I'm going to write you a letter soon, I promise. Maybe I'll even type it so you can actually read it =) also, ducktales sounds like a fantastic game.