March 19, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Two friends had their birthday parties this week. My E.I. for the semester is on Monday. I've been trying to organize AMG's volunteer week at Hickman High School. News Class is bogging me down in tons of work and obligations. I'm trying to get paperwork for study abroad figured out. Oh, and I somehow ended up signing up to be a captain for the food drive on Friday. Go me. :) Luckily classes haven't been too bad this week or I'm not sure I'd be able to cope. As it is I'm treading water, and only regretting that I can't spend a bit more time enjoying the weather.

Uni's Spanish is progressing nicely! By the time he leaves Spain I think we'll be able to have conversations. He's hard on himself but he's really doing well. Today I taught him my secret for past tense, since he hasn't learned it yet and I remember how frustrating it was to be forced to live only in the present. ;) (The secret is to use the pluperfect... haber conocido, etc, forms. Not 100% accurate, but gets the point across better than saying conozco ayer or something.)

No comments: