February 27, 2010

My iPod

I have a second generation, 2 GB iPod Nano. It's silver. I've had it since some time in high school, when I got this one and Melissa got a pink iPod Mini. When I take it out, sometimes people think it's kind of funny and old fashioned. I think, really? It's less than four years old! I guess that's old for technology nowadays, but guess what? It still plays music nicely, the display still works, and that despite more abuse than such an electronic should ever be expected to take - mostly from flying around my high school purse along with melted chocolate bars and a dozen double A batteries. And the 2gb of memory? Never wanted or needed more. No, I can't 'sync' with my computer and carry my entire music collection with me. But if I did, I wouldn't want to use the shuffle feature anyway.

Anyway, I've been missing it for about a month. Having music while walking is so nice, even more so when it's cold and miserable. For some reason I often don't think to use my iPod though, at least I didn't freshman year, so when I do use it I tend to appreciate it much more. I was thinking I might have lost it, and then today I finally sat down and thought, where could it be? The Nano is small enough to fit in that little pocket inside of jeans pockets, so it can be easy enough to lose. I'd checked all of my pants and coats, hadn't I? Then I thought, "Well, I did wear that jacket one day..." It didn't seem likely, but I looked in the pockets, and there it was. ^^ Yay

The iPod is engraved with my name and cell phone number on the back. That makes it more special, somehow, knowing my parents ordered it for me. Suddenly I realize that I'm going to lose my phone number when I study abroad. Kind of sad. :S Hopefully I don't lose it...

No comments: