July 09, 2009

Almost There...

Tomorrow is my last day here in Florida. On Saturday I'm off to Laura's house back home in Missouri, and next Wednesday we leave bright and early for Japan.

Laura has received all of the things I had mailed to her for the trip, including the crucial rental phone, we have all of our hotel reservations, I have my hair cut and my nails painted, and today I bought little Florida presents for Laura and Tabi and hostess gifts for Mayumi and Mitsuki. It's getting very close now. 90% of the stuff I need to pack s in a big pile along with my suitcases, but I need to get up early tomorrow to /actually/ pack them up, since tomorrow we will have family time until late.

I'm filling myself full of food I'm not going to have for a while. In this case - sugary American cereal, the somewhat-rare-in-Japan tomato, and slice and bake chocolate chip cookies, straight out of the oven, with a tall, full glass of Gyu-nyu: Milk.

2 comments:

My life in bergen said...

I wish you a nice and safe trip to Japan. Hope you shot allot of pictures to post, from this beautiful country.

Elindomiel said...

Thank you! :D I will take a lot of pictures, for sure, and probably post some here! But I have also recently started a travel blog at vandrelysten.blogspot.com, so perhaps you might go there after several weeks, it will be full of Japan photos for a while during and after my trip! :D