April 15, 2007

No Light at the End of the Tunnel! :D

I've overcome part of the problem. School and Trieschmann still suck but I'm starting to see the light of the end of the tunnel by... not thinking about the light at the end of the tunnel.

For the last few weeks, I've lived in denial that any teacher could be so demanding, any schedule so crazy, any schoolwork so stressful. Each week I told myself it was the worst week of my life, and if I could just make it to the weekend...

This did not work. Weekends are almost as stressful as weekdays, and then you jump right back into the week in the blink of an eye.

But what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, and I'm starting to cope... Although I am still always so tired, and dizzy... I just want to sleep, and the allergies don't make things any better. I have more essays to write than is imaginable: IN, IP, Personal Essay, Health, Costa Rica Trip, Comparative Government...

So on and so forth... but I'll live or die and that will be the end of it...

At the very least a few assignments let me think, have some time for reflection. Like Trieschmann's poem assignment, due the day after her essay assignment, due the day after a whole bunch of IP paperwork... but of course I feel so tired and depleted I trip over all the words and my meaning is hidden in the overgrowth...

The memory of Italy is such a beautiful and distant flower in my memory... :D But I think of it when I'm beginning to write... And as long as I write in Italian, it's almost easier, as mangled as it is, for just a moment, before I have to translate...

"Alla Villa Adriana
Ho perduta la mia voce..."

No comments: