October 04, 2006

Prepare for Takeoff...

There's really nothing like an American Passport. I have nothing to compare one with and therefore absolutely no business making that statement, but there you are. It's a deep navy blue, like Prussian Blue in freshly ground paint, with little silvery gold letters and our olive and arrow bearing Eagle gracing the cover. It's enough to make me proud of my country.

It opens to have a lovely message in English, French, and Spanish: "The Secretary of State of the United States of America hereby requests all whom it may concern to permit the citizen national of the United States named herein to pass without delay or hindrance and in case of need to give all lawful aid and protection." Funny, I never knew Condi cared so much. Interesting note: On British passports, the Queen "requests" this safe passage, etc, so thereby she can't actually have one herself. She requests directly in the event that she travels abroad. :D

After that I have all the wonderful data. Massachusetts, U.S.A. Following all this is the ugliest picture I have ever taken. That includes the one I took on webcam where I'm flashing the birdy and look obese. One of my eye looks like Poe's Evil Eye in a Tell Tale Heart, the other is normal size. Weird... Not to mention I'm about 13, and I have braces, and I normally take decent pictures for official stuff.

Now heres the part that bothers me. You know where you get the stamps from all the countries you've visited? I have two. Go figure. One barely visible one that says Frankfurt, and one big ugly one from Curacao. What happened to France, Belgium, and the Netherlands? Bah... :( Well, I'll be sure to get a Greek one this time.

Passport --- √

After all that, I've packed. One pair of shorts, one pair of jeans, skirts (4 long, 1 medium), a sweatshirt, swimsuits, a jacket, and a ton of shirts, shoes, and necessaries. I made all this fit in a carryon. :D My "Fun Bag" or lightweight stowable carryon, is at an all time record weight wise. It's empty except for my portable dvd player, toiletry kit, and purse. I'll add a book before I leave, though.

Luggage --- √

Can anyone tell I'm excited?

2 comments:

Jimmy Archer said...

Coooool. Great job on the packing, too. I'd be obligated to beat you, though. :P

Elindomiel said...

Eh? Why? O.O.

Oh, did you get my email?