October 23, 2006

Email

Right, so Altadonna emailed me back, answering my request for a grade report with:

"I'll let you know after class."

This means:

1.) She has no idea what I have yet.

2.) She is waiting to tell me I fail at life and have to give up until she can see my tears, in person.

3.) She is waiting to tell me I'd have to be the most amazing Spanish student she's ever had if I want a prayer, in person.

None of these tell me anything I don't already know. And I'm still really worried about it. Partly because I've let myself down, and partly because I've made the whole thing quasi-public, so I feel like I'm letting everyone down even though nobody else cares. Oh, the embarrassment!

This is so stupid. My dad says, "Worry is interest you pay on a debt you never owed". I think, maybe you owe the debt, but it's an interest free loan. Or something. Or maybe, "Worry is interest you pay on a debt you may or may not owe, and certainly don't have to pay interest, because interest is a concept that doesn't really extend to all metaphores concerning debt." Longer, but more accurate.

No comments: