October 01, 2006

First Day of Work - First Day Sleeping In!

Yesterday was my first day of work! Yay! :D

It was so über-official! There are lockers, microwaves, a refrigerator, lots of dishes and stuff you can use if you wash them at the little sink, couches, magazines, a staff boards, and more! I even got a work email address! I'm very excited.

I sort of hit the ground running starting with an 8 hour shift, but it went well. I feel like I've got most of it down. I did 5 carts, which Maddy said wasn't bad at all for a first day. They checked all of them, but my accuracy was pretty good; I got tripped up once by a thin song book that was supposed to be on the left of the one I was shelving, not the right, and once by a label that snuck surreptiously around the book beyond the spine, and I didn't check the six, but other than that, it was all perfect. Yay!

I was a little sore when I got home, but the Mina's weren't going to church, so I got to go more or less straight to bed. Lo and behold, I got to sleep in for the first day in almost a month! I needed it, too... with my trip next week. I can hardly believe it's so close! I am going to take an almost obscene amount of photos...

1 comment:

Jimmy Archer said...

Sweet. Good job!