March 03, 2012

Spring Happy!

It's spring in Bergen!!

Yesterday I walked up Sandviksfjellet for the first time! It was challenging but awesomely efficient to go up the world's steepest race track, Stoltzekleiven, as a brisk walking pace and suddenly pop up with a brilliant view of sea, sea, sea sparkling in brilliant sunlight!  I'll never get sick of mountains! Even though I could easily see Rundemanen, Fløyen, Ulriken, and Løvstakken (all mountains I've done before), from Sandvik, and although it wasn't close to the highest, I still got a fresh and lovely thrill from the new angle and the new season of sunshine, and, at least for a few brief minutes in bright sunshine and following strenuous activity, t-shirt weather! Never would have dreamed the climate would be THIS mild in Bergen!

Today I think I'm going to Sotra, this island closing Bergen from the open sea, with my friend Emma! I Google imaged and streetviewed it and it looks lovely! That's a super underrated tool I used for Northern Lights hunting as well. A big Erasmus group from Fantoft apparently dropped about $50 each to go to some island on a commuter ferry, sight-unseen. They were really disappointed. I google image and street viewed it, and no wonder! Looks like the most boring place in Norway. Sotra on the other hand looks way better. Squee!

I've been waking up earlier and happier lately! Life is so amazing!

No comments: