March 12, 2012

Nadine's Visit

Spring and Bergen are both finally living up to their reputations.

There's nothing but rain and fog everywhere!

I wouldn't mind so much - after all, I've had a lovely Norwegian winter and I'm looking forward to the summer - but Nadine's only here for this week and it would be great if she could see a bit of the Bergen I love.

Oh well. We've had fun anyway, making quesadillas, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, bacon-mushroom pasta and all that jazz...

Climbing up Sandviksfjellet for a brilliant night-time view and wandering around the Stavkirke in a mysterious, sinister fog.

And Wednesday, we're planning a tiny little fjord trip. :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

Sounds lovely! I'd love to visit Norway sometime.=)

Out of interest, I wonder what level your languages are? Where do you think you are on the CEFR or the US (forget what it's called, FIS??) scale with your Spanish, German, Norwegian, Faroese and Japanese?

Elindomiel said...

It's very nice here! :) Definitely worth a visit in either winter or summer.

Given a few minutes to break in (for speaking anyways), I would say I'm at C1 for Spanish easily, for German as well although I know I make a lot more mistakes in German, have a smaller vocabulary, etc. (I was graded at B2 when I arrived in Germany, and then I passed the DSH at the end.)

I'm probably B2 in Norwegian, I'd like to get to C1 when I leave but that's only likely to happen if I actually start studying. I've been very lazy. But at least Nadine and I spoke only Norwegian during her visit!

All the other languages are at A1 or below. :) Well, Italian is weird because as a modified version of my Spanish I can actually have decent conversations with cooperative people. But yeah, pretty much all around A1, just fooling around stage. :)

Elizabeth Braun said...

Very interesting and well done! You're an inspiration to other would be polyglots (most people consider themselves pretty fluent when they are about A1 level!!!) and a good example to other native English speakers.=)

Elindomiel said...

Thanks a lot! :D I do try to do my bit to dispel the native-english-Speaker stereotypes. But A1? Yikes! I think I know people who start claiming fluency at B1, but maybe I've been lucky!