November 09, 2011

Next Semester

Tentative plans for the coming semester -

I'll leave for Finland right after Christmas, see Liisa, party it up for new years, go dog-sledding (!!!), ice swimming, learn to cross-country ski, and melt tin to predict the future. :D A great way to start the year!

Then it's on to Norway, where, who knows really? I'm definitely going to join the outdoor adventures club and cross my fingers that I'm qualified to do many of their activities with them. They offer tons of glacier walking, horseback riding, rock climbing, skiing, snowshoeing, just everything you can think of... but even if I'm not good enough for all of those they even offer nice little evening jaunts like a little hike up the mountain for a bonfire. I don't need to travel nearly as much as I have in the past. I feel very little need to go to other countries (a very few possible exceptions if a great opportunity presents itself, but unlikely), I've seen Oslo, and I've seen Trondheim. So Stavanger is really the only city in Norway that I feel like I need to see, and it's not terribly far. I do really really want to see Northern Norway at some point - whether that's for a winter weekend with Erasmus students, hoping for a glimpse of the northern lights, or on the hurtiggruten without a cabin in beautiful late-spring light...

On the way home, I've promised that I'll go to the Faroe Islands at last. A week there, probably... (any less and it's not worth the journey), and, if I have it my way, I'll do another week or so in Iceland.

Then I have to hurry home for an internship.

No comments: